The First Step Is Acceptance

Hey there!

It's nearing finals time at university and everyone is busy, busy, busy. Every professor has decided that the last projects and papers before finals should be due next week, so there is most definitely an aura of stress just about everywhere.

Well, everywhere except for my general area.

Sure, I am bogged down by work, making longer to-do lists every day, trying to schedule a bit of free time in between projects, but none of that is really at the front of my mind, not when I have bigger, better, more Italian things on my mind!

It's been exactly one week since I was accepted into the Florence semester abroad for this coming fall, and I think I've surpassed cloud nine and found cloud fifteen or fifty or something. I've got more notes on spots I want to visit in the city (not even considering the list I have for outside of the city!) than any of the subjects I'm actually going to be tested on. I have piles of books relating to Florence and Italy--guidebooks, Italian language books, even some novels (looking at you, Anne Rice)--that I'm trying to get through when I'm not working on the piles of books I have for classes and my thesis research. Somehow, even the paperwork is fun!

This semester abroad is basically a planner's heaven.

Of course, I am still keeping up with my schoolwork. I want to be mega prepared for Italy, but I want to not fail out of college a lot more. Well, at least I've made some big dents in my more time-consuming projects. I only have two more slides for public health and I put together the entire Russian video this morning. The other projects should come along relatively easily (I hope).

After this weekend, though, I'll be done with the bigger projects for this semester, so hopefully I'll be able to devote most of my time to Italy research afterwards! Lord knows I have a bunch of that to do, not to mention all of the Italian I need to learn to survive before I leave. But that's exciting work and I am soooooo ready to do it.

Okay! I'm going to go actually do work so that I can get to Italy stuff ASAP!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Magic in the Air

Ice Cream and Murder

Cathedrals